Friday, June 10, 2011

What's in a store...

So I had breakfast with a friend this morning. Even better than the plate of bacon and conversation, was the little push I was given to look into new products and options.

So I headed off to the Apple store.

Anyone that knows me is well aware of the fact that I am a PC user. I've been told by many friends that I should be using a Mac. I don't handle change very well.

I walked into the Galleria and up the stairs and into the Aplle store. It was crazy busy. People everywhere, computers everywhere. I almost turned around and walked out. Lucky for me, something shiny caught my eye. I wandered over to investigate. MacBook Pro. So very pretty. I explored the demo while waiting for an Apple Store Employee (ASE) to answer all my questions. The ASEs where easy to spot. Blue shirts with apples on them. Even I could figure that one out. The demo on the Pro was neat. It answered quite a few questions. Vince showed up and we started talking about what I do and what I'm looking for. He gave me a list of reasons why the Pro would work for me. Then he asked me if I'd given any thought to looking at the MacBook Air. I hadn't. So we went over to look at that. He gave me the information on that and I fell instantly in love. This thing is amazing. It will do everything that I want it to do, and do it faster! ROCK ON! After that he walked me around the different programs that I might want to use. After THAT we looked at the iPad. Again, instant love.

So, what have I learned today?

Change isn't so bad. It's nearly painless and I shouldn't fear it.
Apples are shiny and pretty and I want one.
I still love bacon.

Pictures will happen tomorrow. I'm too distracted with my new love of shiny-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment