Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rechargeable Batteries...

I plug in my camera batteries about once a week or so. After a few hours of blinking lights they are charged and ready to tackle whatever job is up next. I never forget to charge my camera batteries. Without a full charge, I won't get much use out of my camera. Duh.

But what about me? One of the awesome quirks of mine is that I don't really require much food or sleep to be able to function. Just caffeine and sarcasm. And Bacon.

And the occasional trip "home".

Home is 2 counties south from where I live now. I spent 20+ years there and back then I couldn't wait to get away. Now I love to return every chance that I get. When I cross that county line I'm instantly filled with peace and happiness. It's funny, but I rely on these little trips home to recharge my soul. I know it sounds goofy, but it is what it is.

Yesterday the kids and I made the trip down to visit with my Aunts and the Gypsy Grandparents. It was a BEAUTIFUL day for Missouri. No humidity, no heat. Just blue skies and a steady breeze. Sitting on the front porch with my family was pure heaven.

Yes, I have pictures. LOTS of them. So here we go!

Alex, Aunt Krissy, and Grandma sitting on the front porch.


Chicken!!

And from chickens you get EGGS!!!

Or more chickens...


Alex and I playing with a woolly worm. 

Morgan got her hands on a barn cat.

One of the horses.

Aunt D showing Charlie some lovin...

Krissy showing Grandpa how her iPhone works.

The newest member of the family, Ellie Grace. She's a sweet little bundle of energy.

Meet Charlie. He's a sweet boy. I love hounds. They have such great personalities!

And Cooper. He is super great at herding the horses.

And last, but not least, Cosmo. He likes cookies! (Don't we all?)

The 2nd annual Schmieder Girl Farm photo! Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment