Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kiss My Glass

Would you like to know WHY I shoot Nikon? Why I put up with the noise (from the older bodies)? Why I shell out allllll that money?

I love my glass.

Bodies come and bodies go, but glass? Glass is forever!

No, seriously. I have lenses that are older than I am. (And these days, that's saying something for sure!)

I pick up my vintage lenses all over the place. Sure, I have to get a little creative to be able to use them. Why do I use so much vintage glass? Because each one is buggy. They all have their little quirks. little things that make them different, just like people. I have an old 30-70mm Sigma Zoom-Master. It's manual focus and leaks light. I love it. I know that if I want to get dreamy, old looking photos, that's the lens I want to use. Forget Photoshop!

So yes. I have a shelf full of old lenses. I haven't paid over $100 for any one. Some of them were free to a good home. ALL of them have fond memories and fun stories about how I discovered what makes them special.

So enough of my rambling. Tomorrow I'll actually have photos to share. I'm really trying to behave like a normal photographer on here, it's just not easy for me to pull off 'normal'.

But for now? Now I get to go locate a cricket that my son 'accidently' let loose in the house this morning. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment